Celtic Pendant Woodturning Experience
Set on 26 acres, Padraig has planted over 20,000 native trees creating a beautiful private woodland filled with local wildlife and a sustainable raw material for his woodturning production. Inspired by the neolithic art of woodturning dating back 3,000 years and the beauty of Ireland’s ancient form of writing Ogham, Padraig demonstrates the age old craft before guiding you through the processes to create your very own Celtic Pendant etched in Ogham.
• Full tuition provided by expert woodturner Padraig Carragher.
• Tea/Coffee and light refreshments.
• Demonstration followed by hands on learning guided by Padraig.
• Woodland walk and talk discussing different trees and their uses through the ages.
• Leave with your very own Celtic Pendant and a new set of skills.
• All equipment provided.
• Light refreshments upon arrival include tea/coffee and homemade scones.
“In the shadow of the heather clad Slieve Gullion mountain, in a land of myths and legends lies Bluebell Lane and the home of woodturner, storyteller and musician Padraig Carragher. In a restored centuries old mill Padraig demonstrates the ancient craft of woodturning along with story telling to create a Celtic Pendant, a craft inherited from our Neolithic ancestors dating back 3,000 years. Using only locally sourced native trees from his 26 acre private woodland learn how to use the lathe to create your very own Celtic Pendant. Your birth month is translated into Ogham (ancient Irish writing) and etched onto the pendant before it is laced and set in a beautiful presentation box ready to take home. No living trees are ever harmed in the making of these pieces”.
Come along to:
49 Tullymacrieve rd
Contact info and social media links:
If you have any questions about this event contact Padraig Carragher at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02830889104.