Battle of the Rings: Call for Makers
26 February 2021Deadline: March 31, 2021
Battle of the Rings is a head-to-head, tournament style, single-elimination juried ring competition and virtual event with a top prize of $500. Two jurors will draft 32 rings each onto their teams. The selected 64 rings will be paired into matches posted daily to our Instagram page and story, May 1-28 at 9:00am PST. The public will vote throughout the day for their favorite ring, the ring with the most votes, advances into the next round. All selected rings will be available to purchase through our online gallery and in the store-front gallery, circumstances permitting.
- One submission per artist
- The ring must be an original design created by submitting artist
- The ring must not exceed 4x4x4 inches
- The ring must fit fingers between sizes 5-10
- No restriction on the nature of material used or shape within above parameters.
- The ring must be for sale: 50/50 split; all selected rings will be available on the Danaca Design Online Gallery for the duration of the tournament and circumstances permitting, be part of a special exhibition in the Seattle studio gallery.
- The retail price of the ring must not exceed $1,200
- Suggested entry fee of $5-$25
Deadlines: Submission Deadline: March 31, 2021 (submission forms go live in March!)
Artist Notification Date: April 7, 2021
Rings Due to Gallery: April 15, 2021
Competition/Show Dates: May 1-28, 2021