Belfast Business Idea Award
21 April 2022Deadline: April 27, 2022
The Belfast Business Idea Award is open to Belfast-based aspiring entrepreneurs who have a business idea, are starting a business or have been trading for less than two years. As some applicants may not have started their business yet, it is the strength of the idea that will be assessed rather than the achievements, giving a fair platform for all involved.
The winner will receive £2,500 cash plus a support package worth over £3,000.
The four finalists will also receive a support package worth over £3,000.
The Support Package includes:
1 year Innovation Factory membership (including an open plan co-working desk, access to masterclasses and on-site bespoke business mentoring)
1 year free access to the new ENI Community, encompassing free Eniplus membership (Enterprise Northern Ireland).
Six months free accountancy services (including software) from Pacem Accounting and Tax Advisory
- You have a business idea but have not yet acted on it or you are in the process of starting-up
- You are in business and have been trading for less than two years. Businesses showing sales income before 27/04/2020 are not eligible for the Idea Award.
- You reside within the Belfast City Council area or a have a business registered there
- You are over 16 years of age (if aged 16-17 applicants must have parental approval)
- You are available to attend finalists’ night on the evening of Friday 6th May when the five winning ideas will be announced with each winner being given 120 seconds to pitch for the £2,500 cash prize.
For more information about the awards and how to apply, please see here.
Deadline for applications is 3pm on Wednesday 27th April.