Building Arts Programme 2023
10 November 2022Deadline: November 21, 2022
The Building Arts Programme is available to artists, craftspeople, designers and makers to enable them to create in a built environment which draws on a vast array of different skills, materials and processes.
This course is aimed at students and practitioners whose discipline informs our built environment, including those with a focus on architecture, the building crafts and the decorative or applied arts.
The Building Arts Programme is not an entry level training course and applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in their individual area of practice, as well as demonstrating a clear interest in broadening their understanding of craftsmanship within the built environment.
The programme takes place at The Dumfries House Estate, Scotland with placements with master craftspeople across the UK.
The programme is fully funded supported by The Prince’s Foundation, QEST, the Ecclesiastical Insurance Group and private donations.
All participants of the Building Arts Programme 2023 will be awarded a full scholarship covering the course fees, as well as being provided with a monthly bursary of £1,400.
However, travel, living and accommodation costs will need to be arranged by the participant.
- Typical backgrounds may include: Architecture; Design, Structures, Engineering
- Building Crafts; Carpentry, Stonemasonry, Plasterwork, Metalwork, Brickwork
- Traditional Crafts, Decorative and Applied Arts; Glasswork, Ceramics, Painting, Carving, Sculpture, Textiles (Please note this list is not exhaustive.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following within their application form and/or portfolio:
- At least 3 years’ experience of practicing your craft post training/education.
- Demonstrable experience of working within the built environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects briefs independently.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with others.
Deadline for applications is Monday 21st November.
Start date: Tuesday 11th April 2023
End date: Friday 15th December 2023
The Prince’s Foundation and QEST welcome applications from individuals working across a broad range of craft disciplines.