28 April 2022Deadline: May 23, 2022
A number of awards have been released by Cockpit. These awards all include subsidised studio space, business support and community membership. A few available awards and bursaries are listed below, please click on the links to learn more.
Haberdashers’ award; Designed to help start-up makers who work in knit, develop their business.
Deadline, Monday 2nd May.
The New Craftsmen Award; The New Craftsmen and Cockpit have collaborated and are inviting early-career makers to apply to the opportunity of a three-year programme. To find out what is included and for more information on how to apply, follow the link.
Eligibility for the New Craftsmen Award:
- Identify as coming from, or belonging to, a group, heritage or background currently underrepresented in the craft sector
- Create furniture, lighting, artworks or other objects for interior settings
- Control all aspects of your production process
- Demonstrate ambition, innovation and excellence within your craft practice
- Are willing to act as an ambassador the Award and an ally in our quest to bring greater diversity to craft
- Be a UK resident currently living in the UK and entitled to remain in the UK for the period of the Award (Cockpit is not able to sponsor or support visa applications in any way)
- Be willing and able to make a commitment to take up the Award for its full three year duration from August/September 2022
- Attend the Awardee Induction Day in September, date TBC
- Attend the full set of ‘Make It Count’ workshops starting September
- Arrange and pay for their own public liability [minimum £5m] and contents insurance prior to the start date