Crafting Business Programme for Makers
3 March 2021
Deadline: March 27, 2021
Crafting Business is part of a Crafting Europe project funded by Creative Europe. Eight countries (including the UK) will be delivering their own respective training programmes in 2021 supporting up to 200 makers across Europe.
In the UK, the Crafting Business training programme will be delivered (remotely) by the Crafts Council. The programme is for makers based in the UK (including NI) who are just starting a new business (under 4 years). This is defined as when you start selling or when you sign up with HMRC.
You could be:
- a recent graduate
- self-taught or attended short courses
- a maker changing the direction of their business
Applications are invited from those who have a business idea, are less than four years from setting up, and can articulate why this opportunity is right for them.
The training programme includes eight modules delivered via workshops on Zoom, resources and self-directed learning from May to September 2021 that cover:
- Induction day
- Business visioning and modelling
- How to present you and your business
- How to access funding support
- Product development
- Scaling enterprise and production options, access to international trade
- Business plan, presentation and reflections
Application deadline 31 March – details here