Emerging Banff Artist in Residence 2023
22 August 2022Deadline: October 5, 2022
Banff Artist in Residence (BAiR) is open for applications. This programme includes opportunities for studio practice, creative exploration, critical feedback, and mentorship. The opportunity is open to visual artists of all ages in the early stages of their careers.
Targeted towards emerging artists who are committed to developing and expanding their practice, over a period of five weeks, participants will have opportunities to hone their individual practice, present work to their peers, engage in discussion and critique, and further develop the professional skills needed to support and sustain their practice.
Staff will be on hand to offer demonstrations, technical support, and provide access to facilities in photography, sculpture, printmaking, papermaking, ceramics, textiles, and digital technology.
Who can apply?
- Emerging artists who have completed university level training in visual arts (within the last five years),
- or who have equivalent experience and recognition from their peers
- Applicants should also hold an active exhibition record of at least two years in length,
- Applicants should show evidence of dedication in their pursuit of an artistic career
To apply, you will need to provide:
- Letter of intent (500 words)
- Project summary (100 words)
- Detailed project proposal and timeline
- Resource request
- Portfolio – provide 10 samples of your work
Find out more about how to apply here. Please note there is an application fee of $65.
If you have any questions about your application, get in touch with; VisualArtsAdmissions@banffcentre.ca.
Financial Aid of 100% is available to accepted participants for tuition, and 50% for food and accommodation.
Deadline: Wednesday October 5th
Program Dates: February 21st – March 24th, 2023