- This event has passed.
Gilded Pate de Verre Bowls Online Masterclass with Alison Lowry
20 April @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on 13 April 2023 at 5:30 pm
One event on 20 April 2023 at 5:30 pm
Create dramatic yet delicate gilded bowls with this three-session online course, learning from professional glass artist Alison Lowry.
During Alison’s Masterclass, you will learn mould making techniques, pâte de verre processes, and gilding finishes. All of these techniques you can transfer into your own work, with ample opportunity to get tips and advice from a professional artist.
Duration and Place
3 weeks, one session per week – a total of 4.5 hours
Please note that classes may be slightly longer or shorter depending on student questions.
- Thursday 6th April – 5.30 pm-7 pm UK time (1.5 hours)
- Thursday 13th April – 5.30 pm-7 pm UK time (1.5 hours)
- Thursday 20th April – 5.30 pm-7 pm UK time (1.5 hours)
This new 3-session class will cover all the techniques needed to make beautiful gilded pâte de verre bowls:
- Mixing frits
- Building forms using pate de verre
- Firing schedules
- Coldworking to a professional finish
- Tekta Frit mix samples
- A plaster bowl mould
- Multiple gilded pate de verre bowls
How it Works:
- The course is made up of three live and interactive online sessions using the Zoom platform. These can be found in the navigation panel.
- Alison will give a step-by-step tutorial with demonstrations, and you will have ample opportunity to ask her questions during the live class
- Each week they will demonstrate a technique for you to try between sessions
- A member of the Warm Glass team will also be in the Zoom class to assist you and Alison
- Mix with Alison and other students on our dedicated community page, open for the duration of the course. Then join our exclusive Warm Glass UK Online Glass Community Facebook group to continue to mix with those who have attended any of our online masterclasses
- A materials list is provided in the course navigation panel, so you can purchase what you need to create your pieces during the course. You don’t need absolutely everything on this list to be successful, Alison will discuss different ways to reach our technical goals
We believe that this is the best way to get the very most from the course, but if this doesn’t suit you that’s fine – if you can’t get to your studio, you can still learn the techniques and benefit from Alison’s extensive knowledge without making the pieces during the course itself.
This is a live online masterclass, but in case a student experiences issues with internet connection during the live class, a recording of each live session will be available to view until two weeks after the final session. This cannot be downloaded or shared and is only available for this limited time. By participating you agree to be recorded for this purpose.
These recordings will be available in the course navigation panel.
What to Prepare
- You will need a computer, tablet, or phone with a camera and microphone in order to join the online classroom. If you are unfamiliar with using Zoom then please take some time to look at our guide, available in the navigation panel.
- You should have a reliable internet connection, fast enough to make video calls or stream videos
- Please read the Student Participation Agreement
- Ensure that you have checked the materials list and purchased any materials you may require
- A pen and paper to take any notes.
- We restrict the class size to 25 people
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90)
Please follow the link below for all the details of this event.