Training Bursary for those Experiencing Financial Hardship
23 August 2022Deadline: September 30, 2022
Heritage Crafts and the DCA Consulting have released a training bursary dedicated to supporting and celebrating talented individuals who wish to start training in a heritage craft or further develop their training. You can apply for up to £4,000.
This bursary aims to help break down financial barriers faced by makers from accessing relevant training and pursuing their craft careers.
You can apply for this bursary if you’re starting out on your craft journey or are already an established maker looking to further develop your skills.
If you’re new to a craft and would like assistance with finding a trainer, get in touch with Heritage Crafts today.
What can the bursary be used for?
Applicants can apply for a grant for any amount up to £4,000 which can cover or contribute towards:
- costs of training with a craftsperson;
- costs of attending a specialist training course;
- costs of attending an accredited training course;
- undertaking a self-directed programme of training with one or more craftspeople;
Please note, the bursary cannot be used for:
- exhibitions or other awareness-raising activities;
- writing publications or books;
- general living expenses;
- marketing activities, website development etc.
- buying specialist tools or materials;
- buying books and study materials.
If you have any questions get in touch with Mary Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications Friday 30th September, 5pm.