Open Call: Israel Biennale of Contemporary Jewellery
17 March 2022Deadline: June 23, 2022
The Israel Biennale of Contemporary Jewellery 2022 is now open for applications. The theme for 2022 is “Colorful Recovery“, reflecting that ‘after a long period of uncertainty, insecurity, fear, and sometimes even despair one begins to see the light at the end of the tunnel’.
- Deadline for applications, Thursday 23rd June.
- Selected participants will be notified by August 2022.
- Award winners will be announced by 13th November 2022.
- Biennale Dates: 10th November-14th November 2022.
The Israel Biennale for contemporary jewellery is open to jewellers at any stage of their career. Candidates from all countries and nationalities are eligible to participate.
- Artworks must relate to the theme.
- Artists are invited to present 1 to a maximum of 3 artworks.
- Only digital images shall be accepted.
- The artist has complete freedom in choosing the materials, mediums, and sizes of the artworks.
- Jewels presented must be original, one-of-a-kind, and created within the last 2 years.
- 1 to 3 finished pieces per artist.
- Artworks should have been created within the last 2 years.
- No modifications are allowed after the submission and/or selection.
- Professional-quality photos of the artwork
- Statement linked to the theme of max 250 words in English.
Awards – Artist
- solo exhibition at The Geological Museum (in 2023)
- solo exhibition at Four Gallery (in 2023)
- Jewelry VDW Selection Award
- Romanian Jewelry week Award
- Mydaybyday Gallery Award
- Lost in jewelry Magazine Selection
Awards – Students
- Rachel Sasporta – The Geological Museum Senior Curator.
- Nichka Marobin – Art historian and founder of The Morning Bark, a blogazette on arts and humanities.
- Chequita Nahar – Jewellery designer, tutor, and curator.
To be eligible the artist must first pay the application fee (30€ – professional artist, 20€ – student).
Upon selection there will be a further participation fee of 35€ plus the shipping costs for return of artworks.