Start Her Up Support Programme
23 June 2022
Enterprise Northern Ireland in partnership with Ulster Bank have launched the Start Her Up support programme. This programme aims to encourage young women to explore self-employment. You can sign up to this support programme whether you have an idea of what you’d like to do, have already started trading on a small scale or you’re just interested in being your own boss.
Supporting female entrepreneurship, this programme provides support through workshops, mentoring, a bespoke personal development plan and a pitching competition. Participants in this programme have an opportunity to win up to a £1,000 incentive to take your business or idea to the next level.
Who is eligible?
Start Her Up welcomes all young women aged 18 to 40, particularly encouraging registrations from:
- young BAME women
- young women living with a disability
- young women living with neurodiversity to register
Taking part in the programme will:
- build awareness of the opportunity for self-employment and entrepreneurship
- encourage and enable you to start and grow your enterprise
- develop confidence to engage with early-stage entrepreneurial, enterprise activity, and have the confidence to navigate the complexity of the support ecosystem
After you register your interest, attend a Start Her Up event in your area:
- Antrim – Monday 27th June @10am
- Midtown Makers, Ballymena – Tuesday 28th June @10am
- Omagh Enterprise – Tuesday 28th June @10am
- Workspace Enterprises, Magherafelt – Tuesday 28th June @2pm
- Think Lab, WIN Business Park, Newry – Tuesday 28th June @2pm
- Lisburn Enterprise Organisation Wednesday 29th June @10am
- Banbridge Enterprise Centre – Wednesday 29th June @10am
- Ards Business Hub – Wednesday 29th June @2pm
- East Belfast Enterprise – Wednesday 29th June @2pm
- Enterprise NW – Thursday 29th June @2pm
- Enterprise Causeway, Coleraine – Friday 1st July @10am
Find out more about the Start Her Up programme here and how to apply.