Steensons: Goldsmith Position
18 May 2022Deadline: June 18, 2022
Steensons Jewellers is a family run contemporary jewellers who handcraft their own designs from their Co Antrim workshop. They are currently seeking a professional, experienced goldsmith to join their established team at the Glenarm workshop.
Permanent, full time 40hours per week
Monday to Friday 9.15am- 5.15pm, with occasional Saturday work and overtime to cover staff holidays and busy periods.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To follow manufacturing instructions of Steensons collections/bespoke order details, to create pieces of excellent standard within deadlines.
- To work through production lists to ensure adequate stock levels are produced of various items when needed, so they are available at all times.
- To ensure urgent orders are met for website orders and floor sales.
- To create bespoke pieces to design specifications.
- To prepare and send stock to Assay.
- To help sales team with customer sales and consultations.
- To carry out repairs, sizing’s and alterations.
- To communicate and work effectively within the goldsmithing team to ensure supplies, findings and bullion are ordered and kept in stock to facilitate the smooth production of jewellery.
- To appropriately collect and sort scrap metal for recycling.
- To maintain and keep a clean workspace and to contribute to the general cleaning and maintenance of the building.
- To learn and effectively use till, stock management and bespoke order tracking EPOS computer systems.
- To work closely with the design team when new pieces/collections are developed.
- To learn how to use all workshop tools and equipment safely and correctly.
- To help with the morning set up and evening pack up daily, ensuring the building is secured.
- To follow all Health and Safety regulations and guidelines.
Submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the full job description, essential and desired skills here.