The Earring Show 2023
3 November 2022Deadline: January 31, 2023
The Craft Council of British Columbia have announced that submissions are open for The Earring Show 2023 – a fundraiser and juried exhibition of wearable art in a variety of mediums.
Now in its 10th year, The Earring Show welcomes applications from makers and artists from across the world, and will display earring submissions both at the CCBC Gallery in Vancouver and online.
There are three categories in The Earring Show:
- One-of-a-Kind, which features unique creations;
- Limited Edition, which includes a small-scale production of work; and
- Emerging Artists, for artists who are currently enrolled in a craft-based program or have graduated and started their making career within the last 2 years.
The winner of each category, selected by the jurors, will receive a prize as follows:
- One-Of-A-Kind category: Barbara Cohen Award of $1500.
- Limited Edition category: a 2-month featured online collection of the winner’s production line.
- Emerging Artist category: The Lacy West Award of up to $500 in supplies.
All awardees will receive a one-year honorary CCBC membership.
- Application Deadline: 11:59 pm, January 31st, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: February 15th, 2023
- Additional media submissions after acceptance: March 5th, 2023
- Work to be delivered no later than: 4 pm, March 31st, 2023
- Prize Jury process: April 8th & 9th, 2023
- Virtual and in-person Opening Event: May 4th, 2023
Deadline to apply, Tuesday 31st January.