The Ingram Prize
30 August 2022Deadline: September 12, 2022
The Ingram Prize is open for applications! Now in its seventh year, the Ingram Prize is an annual purchase prize open to visual artists who are within five years of graduation from a UK-based art school.
The selected finalists will exhibit in a group exhibition taking place from Thursday 24th-Tuesday 29th November, at Unit 1 Gallery in West London.
- The Ingram Prize: three works will be acquired for The Ingram Collection.
- Founder’s Choice Award: one work will be selected by Chris Ingram and acquired for The Ingram Collection.
- TM Lighting Exhibition Prize: one finalist will be offered a solo exhibition in Autumn 2023 at TM Lighting’s London gallery space, curated by Jo Baring, Director of The Ingram Collection.
- One Ingram Prize winner will be offered a solo exhibition in 2024 at the Art Fund Prize-winning gallery and museum, the Lightbox.
- All finalists will be offered the opportunity to apply for an artist residency project in 2023, given in partnership with Hestercombe Gallery in Somerset.
- All finalists will be invited to attend a programme of talks and seminars from industry professionals during the exhibition run.
- Artists must be over 18.
- You must hold a formal practice-based qualification in the visual arts (undergraduate or postgraduate level) within the UK.
- You must have completed your course between 1 April 2017 and the closing date for 2022 submissions (12 September 2022).
- Eligible artists can submit up to two works in any media, with no restrictions on size. The Prize is free to enter.
How to apply;
You can submit up to two works in any medium and size.
Please also provide;
- An up-to-date CV
- One high resolution image of each work (jpg file, max 1MB)
- Work details: Title, date, medium, dimensions (including framed dimensions if applicable), selling price (including 20% commission)
- A short paragraph about each submitted work and your practice/approach (up to 200 words)
- A brief artist biography of no more than 100 words, including year of birth, (higher) education history, details of any notable exhibitions, awards, residencies, current/future projects
- Any social media handles
Deadline for submissions Monday 12th September, 5pm
Finalists will be notified by Friday 30th September
Delivery of works expected Monday 21st November
Collection of unsold work Wednesday 30th November