The International Ceramics Festival Administrator
17 November 2022Deadline: November 24, 2022
The International Ceramics Festival in Aberystwyth is seeking to appoint a Festival Administrator for 2023.
Organised collaboratively between North Wales Potters, South Wales Potters, Aberystwyth University and Arts Centre, the Festival brings together ceramic artists to showcase their work through demonstrations, exhibitions, kiln firings, films and lectures. The Festival offers an exciting networking occasion and knowledge and skills exchange for all those interested in contemporary ceramics.
As Festival Administrator you will have an exciting and central role in the organisation of the Festival in July 2023. The Festival Administrator, working in collaboration with the Festival Coordinator will manage their own teams of other short-term contractors to cover specific tasks, for example marketing, social media, signage etc. depending on the skills of the successful applicant.
Role specification Terms:
- Independent Contractor (Self-employed)
- Rate of Pay: £15 per hour depending on experience.
- Hours: Initially, 28 hours per month (4 days equivalent) to include attendance at the on-line board meeting on the second Wednesday of each month from 10.00 to 1.00.
- Additional hours as discussed and agreed with the board of directors in the lead up to the festival.
- This position will work from home up to the festival period and then on the Festival site. The festival takes place over a weekend in July 2023.
- Most meetings will be online but some attendance in Aberystwyth in the lead up to the Festival is expected. The post is available from the middle of January 2022 with attendance at the January board meeting.