The Needlemakers’ Award at Cockpit
15 September 2022Deadline: October 3, 2022
The Cockpit Needlemakers’ Award is for a maker who uses needles in the course of their work. (This use is not limited to hand sewing needles and may be at any stage in the making process.) Cockpit are looking for an individual who can demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit as well as creative excellence and craft skills.
The Cockpit Arts Society Bursary includes one year of business support, selling and promotional opportunities and subsidised studio space. This bursary is sponsored by the Needlemakers’ Company.
- Use needles in the course of their work. This is not limited to hand sewing needles and may be at any stage in the process
- Commit to taking up the award and developing their practice for the full duration of the award
- Commit to attending Cockpit’s Induction Day and full set of Make It Count business development workshops
- Arrange and pay for their own public liability insurance [minimum £5m] and contents insurance before the start date
- Be currently living in the UK and entitled to remain in the UK for the period of the bursary. (Cockpit is unable to sponsor or support visa applications.)
Applications are due by Monday 3rd October. Find out more here.