The Weekender Residency
30 March 2022Deadline: April 11, 2022
Applications to the Weekender Residency in Derry-Londonderry are open, organised in partnership with the Centre for Contemporary Art and UK New Artists.
This will be the fifth iteration of the weekender programme with previous events having taken place in Blackpool (2017 & 2021) St Ives (2018) and Skegness (2019).
The Weekender is a micro-residency: an opportunity to take some time, meet other artists, collaborate and replenish thinking and possible directions for your practice, exploring how languages bring people together and keep people apart. Other aspects of the Weekender include:
- Periods of walking and talking
- Collective facilitated discussions
- Time to personally test thinking/ideas at CCA or the physical fabric of Derry~Londonderry as a town
- The opportunity to make work-in-progress or experimentation that will be displayed in CCA’s Project Space in the fortnight following the Weekender
Applications are invited from artists/makers across disciplines working in any medium, as long as they respond to the brief and with a record of one or more of the following –
- Work that is concerned with language in an expanded sense: perhaps you’re working with movement as a means of communication, silences in formal histories, assembling as a practice, or something else entirely
- Applicants who see the residency as a stimulating platform to further enrich their own practice and develop their knowledge
- Applicants with an interest in working with others, with a cross disciplinary approach to producing ideas and outcomes
Participating artists will be offered
Suitable accommodation in Derry with your own room
All meals will be provided during the residency
All flights and travel to and within Northern Ireland
All travel to and from a UK Airport
Applicants must be within the first 10 years of their professional practice
Artists from all art forms can apply
You must be eligible to live, study or work in the UK
Individuals, collaborators and or collectives (no larger than 3 members) can apply
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.