Embrace the inclusive spirit seminar
8 February 2024Deadline: February 20, 2024
Join the Embrace the Inclusive Spirit Seminar, taking place at Titanic Belfast on Tuesday 20 February 2024.
You are invited to Belfast’s first Accessible and Inclusive Tourism seminar to help you realise the potential of growing the disabled tourism market for your business.
Research highlights that disabled travellers are more likely to take longer trips and are loyal to places that meet their needs. This is your opportunity to discover the importance and value of the accessible and inclusive tourism market. Find out how you can get involved and help all visitors have a great time without any barriers or restrictions. Learn what partners including Belfast City Council, Tourism NI and Visit Belfast are doing to motivate tourism businesses to improve accessibility as well as increase consumer awareness of accessibility initiatives and the accessibility of tourism products.
The seminar host is disability rights activist Seán Fitzsimons who knows first-hand the barriers and social injustices that disabled people face. Guest speakers include:
- Sinéad Burke – Disabled educator, advocate, and author
- Ross Calladine – Accessibility & Inclusion Lead, VisitEngland and Government-appointed Disability and Access Ambassador
- Carrie-Ann Lightley – Tourism and accessible travel blogger and one of the top 100 most influential disabled people in the UK
Morning seminar 9.30am – 1.30pm (including lunch)
- Keynote – What makes good and bad experiences of travel and tourism
- What the city is doing – Tourism NI, Visit Belfast, AccessAble
- What businesses can do – Short “top tips” presentations by followed by inspirational update from Visit England
If you can’t attend in person, you can also book to attend the online screening of the seminar.
Launch of a suite of new and FREE resources for the tourism sector including:
- Online training courses
- Living Library events
- Best practice videos
- Online itinerary planners to give tasters of accessible experiences
Afternoon drop-in session 1pm – 4.30pm
The afternoon session will take a marketplace format, where you can interact and make connections with colleagues and peers to build momentum and contribute to the growth of the sector and the city region. The afternoon session is open to anyone, not just seminar attendees.
To book your free place at the morning seminar, click here.