Factory Seminar – Telling Your Story on Social Media
23 February 2023
Deadline: March 13, 2023
The British Ceramics Biennial will host ‘Telling Your Story on Social Media’ over zoom on the 13th March. This free webinar is dedicated to creatives who are struggling to find their voice on social media. Led by artist Katrina Wilde, Wilde will explore the power of visual storytelling and how to make your existing digital tools work harder for you. Katrina will also share her own experiences of using social media as a professional tool and communicating online with meaning and balance.
The session will cover:
- Understanding what you want to communicate with your work
- Balancing the integrity of your work vs. how you feel about social media
- Being confident and authentic in your content
- Visual storytelling and the importance of good images and video
- Useful free tools to help you become organised and efficient
Katrina Wilde is an artist working with plants, people and materials. Her practice focuses on local ecologies, material research and community engagement, exploring how these things can be connected through the language of colour and cloth.
Katrina works part-time with both ArtsKeele, Portland Inn Project CIC, and co-directs Ground; hosting seasonal, material-led workshops in Stoke-on-Trent. She graduated from the Royal College of Art with an MA in Textiles in 2021 and her studio is based at ACAVA Spode Works, Stoke-on-Trent.
Taking place online over Zoom on Monday 13th March from 6:00pm–7:30pm.