Joining the Craft NI Directory
23 November 2022Deadline: December 31, 2022
What is the Directory?
The Craft NI Maker Directory provides a contemporary online home for the Northern Ireland craft sector and a vibrant hub for all who wish to see, buy and learn about local craft.
It supports the Craft NI mission to build an integrated, entrepreneurial and vibrant contemporary crafts sector in Northern Ireland which we are doing via advocacy and profiling; developing partnerships and regional infrastructure; and raising quality awareness.
The new Directory is easy to use, and is part of Craft NI’s attractive new website and brings in new technologies to help Makers connect with their audiences, customers and collectors more easily than ever before. Selected through a juried process, the Directory will enable makers from across disciplines to take their place in a rich and diverse representation of many of Northern Ireland’s talented makers who have achieved Excellence in Craft.
Why should you join?
Benefits for Makers
- Promotions through Craft NI’s social media channels, with the potential to reach audiences of over 27,297 through our social media channels.
- Craft NI promotion and profiling of individual Directory members with regular Spotlights On…makers, techniques and processes, designed to enthuse and educate craft audiences in Northern Ireland and beyond;
- Promotion of the Directory as a resource for commissions, opportunities, call-outs and opportunities
- a focal point for our social media and other online activities all-year round with emphasis on key events such as Christmas and August Craft Month.
- use of The Maker Directory logo, giving a clear indication of the quality standard that all Directory participants must have achieved.
Deepen your audience connection
Each Maker Directory listing will include a section for:
- Profile summary
- Capacity for large number of hi-res images
- Embed videos of your creative processes
- Biography and artist’s statement
- Direct links to maker’s own websites, stockists, e-commerce, email and socials
- Contact details of your choice
- Downloadable marketing collateral including Directory logo and individual QR code unique to each maker, for your own use.
There is no fee to be a member of the Craft NI Directory, but we hope over time to increase the range of benefits that Directory Participants can avail of, as part of their Directory participation.
Craft NI Digital Development Officer, Katya Buryakova will be available to help applicants with the creation of their online profile if needed.
Applying to the Directory:
Applications are reviewed four times a year by the Craft NI Quality Group. Applications will be assessed against the criteria that are listed in the eligibility and quality criteria. In your application, please make sure that you take the opportunity to describe your work as fully as possible against these criteria.
The Craft NI Quality Group consists of the following: Kim Mawhinney (Chair), Julie Carse, Dr. Christopher McHugh and Patricia Flanagan.
Deadlines for 2022
- 31 December (notifications 31 January, 2023)
Deadlines for 2023
Feel free to get in touch with the team today to find out more about joining the Directory. You can see if you’re eligible to join here.