Open Call: Craft Hub International Exhibition
16 February 2023Deadline: February 28, 2023
Craft Hub is a European project co-funded by Creative Europe focused on craft in the context of cultural heritage and its continuing relevance in contemporary practice.
In 2023, Craft Hub will be celebrating and showcasing the skill and innovation of contemporary craft makers in an International Exhibition. The exhibition will commence in the beautiful city of Matera, Italy in April 2023, before proceeding to venues in Greece, Germany, Portugal, Ireland, Wales, with the final exhibition in Norway in October 2023.
The exhibition will feature work from across the whole spectrum of craft techniques and uses an anonymous selection process, giving emerging artists an equal opportunity to be selected alongside established makers.
CraftHub is delighted to invite Craft Makers to submit an application to be a part of this exhibition and are seeking a broad range of pieces that link to the themes of experimentation, heritage, craft and sustainability.
Submissions are invited from all skilled makers, established or emerging. To be eligible applicants must:
- Create a profile on the Craft Hub Platform which features their craft and piece.
- Be working in clay, glass, metal, wood, textiles, paper, or other craft materials
- Create original work
- Demonstrate accomplished skill and artistic merit
- Work made in collaboration with other makers are welcome
- Category 1 is a selection of Showcases which will go on International Tour across the EU partner countries.
- Category 2 is a selection of Showcase pieces which will be exhibited in one Country only.
Closing date, 6pm on Tuesday 28th February