Save the date: Craft NI Maker Forum
19 October 2023Deadline:
Save the date and join us on Thursday 9th November for the winter Craft NI Maker Forum, taking place at the Studio at Millennium Forum, Derry/Londonderry, from 10am-1pm.
This year we are joined by maker Edel MacBride, Irish Knitwear Designer and a member of the Board of Directors of the Design & Crafts Council Ireland. With over thirty years experience and a slow fashion philosophy of making beautiful things that last, Edel has great experience in the textile and fashion and design industry, event management and is a passionate advocate of wool, local textiles and keeping traditional skills relevant. A member of the Craft Village, Edel will share her creative journey and will be available for a Q&A.
This year, the Craft NI Maker Forum takes place as part of a wider Derry City and Strabane District Council, Creative Arts Networking event, involving a range of other disciplines and arts organisations. More information to follow.
- 10.15am-10.30am – Refreshments on arrival and networking
- 10.30am-10.45 – Introduction and updates from Derry City & Strabane District Council, Cultural Grant Aid, Funding Bulletin, Craft NI, Visual Artists Ireland and Equity NI in the Farquar suite
- 11am-11.15am – Update on crafts market and Craft NI work programme in The Studio
- 11.15am-12pm – Maker Talk from knitwear designer, Edel MacBride and Q&A in The Studio
- 12pm – Break
- 12.15pm–1pm – Table discussions for Craft makers on current issues facing sector in The Studio
- 1pm – Lunch and networking in the Farquar suite
We look forward to seeing you there, please make sure to reserve your place by emailing email@example.com or by calling the Craft NI gallery on 028 9032 9342! If you have any dietary requirements, please make sure to note them.
To view the resources provided at the previous Maker Forum, please see here. These resources include useful information for grant applications, funding bids, service planning and more.