SHAKE OFF THE “SHOULD”S
8 June 2023Deadline: June 12, 2023
Calling all designers, makers, artists & craftspeople who are doing their best to be sustainable, but are feeling isolated, confused and overwhelmed trying to do the “right” thing!
Join Katie Treggiden, author, journalist, podcaster, speaker & founder of Making Design Circular, as she hosts Shake off the “Should”s, a free training series over 4x live lunchtime sessions 12–15th June, which will introduce you to the ideas that:
- The climate crisis is not your fault, so you can let go of the guilt
- That the planet doesn’t need a few of us doing this perfectly–it needs all of us trying and failing and trying again–we value progress over perfection
- There is no “right” way to do environmentalism–it’s about informed decisions that align with your values
- Hope is the precursor to change and taking action in community is the best way to stay hopeful
- You can have more impact by focusing on one tiny area so you can stop trying to save the world single-handedly
- Guilt and duty are not the soil in which creativity thrives, so reconnect with the playfulness and curiosity that got you into craft and design in the first place
- You can take this work step-by-step–you don’t have to do it all at once
- To take care of the environment, you have to take care of the environmentalist, so rest, self-compassion and self-care are part of the work
- Can’t join live? No worries–replays and any additional info will be delivered direct to your inbox after each session to allow you to catch up!