SIAP Minority Ethnic Residency & Mentoring Programme
14 July 2022Deadline: August 22, 2022
The Support for Individual Artists Programme have released the Minority Ethnic Residency & Mentoring Programme which aims to support individual artists and creative practitioners from minority ethnic backgrounds and migrant backgrounds at every stage of their career.
- Support workforce skill development and career pathways for artists of all ages from minority ethnic and migrant backgrounds.
- Inspire excellence through the support of high-quality, ambitious, innovative and imaginative opportunities for artists to collaborate with others.
- Increase the capacity and opportunities for artists to take professional and creative risks.
- Contribute to a vibrant and diverse workforce across the breadth of the creative and cultural industries.
- Increase opportunities for young and emerging minority ethnic artists
Who can apply?
- Individual artists of all artistic disciplines and all types of working practice from minority ethnic and migrant backgrounds, including people in need of international protection.
- Creative practitioners and arts administrators from minority ethnic and migrant backgrounds
- Artform areas can include, but are not limited to the following: visual art, craft, public art, theatre, drama and dance, literature, music, opera and traditional arts, community/participatory arts and arts in health.
- Employees of statutory bodies (including Universities), undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that their proposal is not properly the concern of their employer and/or are not related to their academic study.
Applicants must also:
- Be living in Northern Ireland
- Have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Be aged 18yrs old or over
What you can apply for?
- Project assistance
- Art materials/equipment
- Buying time for own practice/creation of new work
- Fees for training courses
- Artistic fees of Mentors
- Artistic or technical fees including those towards production or post-production costs associated with presentation or exhibition of work
- Venue hire e.g. rehearsal space
- Technical equipment related to the project/proposal
- Translation costs
- Documentation costs
- Childcare costs
- Travel Grants
- All travel, mileage costs of 25.7p per mile, commuter and air travel
- Subsistence costs @£15 per day
- Accommodation costs
The deadline for applications is Monday 22nd August 2022 at 12pm