SIAP Travel Awards
26 August 2022Deadline:
The Travel Awards Scheme is a rolling programme by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, which aims to enable individual artists to travel from Northern Ireland to develop their skills and expertise.
- Applications must be received 4 weeks before the intended date of travel.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they have been invited by a host organisation in the country to which they intend to travel
- Please note if you’ve been invited to an international event, you should apply to the International Showcase Fund (ISF).
Who Can Apply?
- Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice, who
(a) Have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of one year within the last five years.
In a limited number of cases, individual technical staff/administrators of professional artistic companies may also be eligible.
- Individual artists and arts administrators
- Arts administrators must provide a detailed CV in lieu of a History of Artistic Practice and do not have to provide Artform Support Material (ie, examples of artistic practice) as per Page 10 of the guidance notes.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not related to their academic study. They must submit evidence of this in the form of a letter on headed paper from their Head of Department. Further detail is on page 14 of the guidance notes.
- In the case of post-graduate students, the letter must clearly state the title of the student’s PhD thesis and include a declaration by the Head of Department that “The project for which funds are being sought does not form part of any academic work undertaken in relation to the above-titled PhD nor will it be assessed as part of any academic course”.
- Applicants undertaking a Masters or a PhD must also include a separate statement which provides information on how the project applied for differs from their Masters or PhD work. Further detail is provided on page 14 of the guidance notes.
Eligible applicants must also:
- Live in Northern Ireland; and
- Be at least 18 years old and not in secondary education.