Support for Individual Artists Programme
14 July 2022Deadline: August 30, 2022
The aim of the overall Support for Individual Artists Programme (SIAP) is to support artists across all disciplines to create work and develop their practice. Broadly, awards can be for specific projects, specialised research or personal artistic development.
Who can apply?
- Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice (including DJs) who have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of 1 year within the last 5 years.
- In a limited number of cases, individual technical staff/administrators of professional artistic companies may also be eligible.
- Employees of statutory bodies, undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not properly the concern of their employer and/or are not related to their work or academic study. They must submit evidence of this in the form of a letter on headed paper from their Head of Department.
- In the case of post-graduate students, the letter must clearly state the title of the student’s PhD thesis and include a declaration by the Head of Department. This declaration must state “The project for which funds are being sought does not form part of any academic work undertaken in relation to the above-titled PhD nor will it be assessed as part of any academic course”.
- Applicants undertaking a Masters or a PhD must also include a separate statement which provides information on how the project applied for differs from their Masters or PhD work.
Applicants must also:
- Be living in Northern Ireland
- Be aged 18yrs old or over
What you can apply for?
- Project assistance
- Art materials
- Buying time for own practice/creation of new work.
- Residency costs (AIDF only)
- Artistic or technical fees including those towards production or post-production costs associated with presentation or exhibition of work
- Venue hire e.g. rehearsal space
- Travel costs, including mileage costs (@25.7p per mile) and air travel
- Subsistence costs @£15 per day.
- Technical equipment related to the project/proposal* (equipment requests cannot comprise more than 50% of the value of your request)
- IT Equipment *: (equipment requests cannot comprise more than 50% of the value of your request; a maximum contribution of £1,200 will be made towards laptops and pcs, and £500 towards tablet computers.)
Deadline is Tuesday 30th August 2022 at 12pm