The Power of Glass Symposium
22 August 2022
2022 marks the United Nations (UN)’s International Year of Glass and to celebrate the essential role glass has, and will continue to have in society, Craft Scotland’s conference The Power of Glass looks to explore the importance of art glass as a form of social and political commentary.
This conference will be held over Thursday 17th and Friday 18th November in Edinburgh at various locations and online. If you can’t journey to Edinburgh this November, you can join remotely online. You can enjoy a live stream via Facebook of the Christopher Day glass demonstration (Thurs 17 Nov) and you can book a digital ticket for the symposium (Fri 18 Nov).
Who’s it for?
The Power of Glass brings together the international craft community to get inspired, make connections and share knowledge. Those who might be interested in joining this conference include;
- Glass artists, designers, makers and enthusiasts
- Specialists in the fields of contemporary craft, art glass, and art history
- Art historians, academic researchers and students
- Curators, producers, art and culture professionals
- Those interested in contemporary craft and specifically art glass
- Those interested in culture’s role in social justice movements
You can choose what you pay, based on your circumstances, to attend the symposium on day two, with different options for in-person and online.
Sliding Scale Tickets (£5 – £65) ensure Craft Scotland events are as accessible as possible.